Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Celiac Maniac Gluten Free Brownie Mix - my review

The Celiac Maniac sent me a package of their gluten free brownie mix to sample. It took me a while to get around to making them, I'm a busy mom after all!
There are two other types of gluten free brownie mix that we have used and were pretty happy with.
After trying the brownie mix from The Celiac Maniac, I am convinced that I will never go back to the other gluten free brownie mixes! These were so good! They were cake like, but they were also somewhat gooey and chewy. My favorite thing was that they were still good two days after I made them. I typically find with gluten free baked goods,  that they are only good the day you make them, and go downhill from there, unless they are frozen. These stayed in the pan at room temperature and were delicious!


They were a breeze to mix up. I just added 1/3 cup of softened butter and 1/3 cup olive oil (they called for canola, but they worked fine with olive) and a cup of warm water and stirred it all together and spread it in a greased 9x13 pan and baked them for 25 minutes and voila! They were done! Yum! I love the fact that the first ingredient in the GF flour blend that the brownies are made with is nutrient dense teff flour!




The only suggestions I would make would be:

1.) a non coated paper bag (since they are inside a plastic bag with a twist tie inside a paper bag), that way the bag could go into the paper recycling.
  2.) chocolate chips that didn't contain vanillin (I'm not big on artificial vanilla flavor)


Thank you so much to The Celiac Maniac for letting me try these! This will be our standard gluten free brownie mix from now on! So glad that my local gluten free store - Janelle's Gluten Free Market carries them!

No comments:

Post a Comment